I'm Katie, the driver and developer behind Critter.Co. In 2012, determined to solve my procrastination problem, I built a time management tool. It was exactly what I thought I wanted, but it didn't solve the procrastination problem. Why not? Because the reasons for my procrastination were emotional.
In line with the findings of athletic coaches Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz, authors of ThePower of Full Engagement, I've found that living life to the fullest and finding flow isn't primarily about having exactly the right tools or to-do list, but rather, about building & managing energy in four key areas:
You can learn every productivity hack in the world - Getting Things Done, the Pomodoro technique, and all the accompanying software - multitasking, single-tasking, and back again - and still be stuck in low flow.
My procrastination was about needing greater self-love.It was about not looking to Facebook or email for approval, attagirls, or rescuing, but looking within and building up my own emotional strength. It was about needing to see these thousands of tiny moments of pain and uncertainty as opportunities to build my own inner strength.
After years of reading (fabulous!) personal growth books, and learning what to do - I needed to actually do the work to make change happen. A book couldn't provide the accountability I needed. So I built a tool that would! Critter is a self-guided tool that helps you put what you've learned into action, by bringing in accountability, social support, structure and fun.
You don't need Critter to do this work. All you have to do is decide to do it. But, like MyFitnessPal for the body, or Lumosity for the mind, Critter can provide you with invaluable - and fun! - social and structural support around your emotional goals, to make that process easier to do and remember. If and when you're ready press go - we are so happy for you, and excited to welcome you into our community!
I know how difficult building emotional resilience can be! I'm here to share my solutions with you, both now and as I continue to learn. Critter.Co has and continues to help me, and I hope I can share that with you!
Inner work is all ultimately all about self-love. The more we all get that right, the more we can enjoy our lives, and show up fully in the world.
Will you join me in the quest?
When you join Critter, you'll build emotional strength through 7 core exercises, each backed by proven strategies for living happier:
- Feeling Check-Ins - Check in on how you feel. Our mood recording system is easy and fun to use, and provides rich data that you can review anytime to discover your patterns & watch your progress.
- Notice Swings - What are you noticing? Take some Notice Swings, and warm up your noggin with mindfulness!
- Victory Jumps - Give yourself gold stars! Build self-confidence and positive feelings. Create the mental habit of appreciating yourself so that it’s there when you really need it.
- Gratitude Lifts - Transform your day instantly by focusing on what's going right in your life. Store up positive feelings that you can lean on later.
- Custom Routines - Build new healthy habits - especially of the emotional sort, although this is handy for other habits, too - and Critter keeps track! See progress towards your own custom habits - choose from our suggestions or set your own.
- Open Floor - Free emotional exercise space over here! Use this blank canvas to journal and problem-solve.
- Rewrite Reps - Have yucky, sticky, limiting beliefs that have done their duty and need to go? Rewrite them! Dump those thoughts you're done with here, like a dirty towel. Then, rewrite that thought into a new belief that's just your size! Research shows that repeating this practice daily results in greater happiness.
Critter is a web application, with satellite mobile apps that make it easy to record on-the-go:
Critter is a serious tool that understands the importance of fun! Get your critter. Take easy, lighthearted steps towards your goals. Keep your critter's world happy, and watch your happiness grow, too!Explore Critter For Free Now →
Socialize & Play
- Get your Critter. Which type will you pick? | Meet the Critters
- Grow your Critter's garden by completing emotional exercises.
- Level up and build your unique Equanimity Machine!
- Connect with your friends on Critter to encourage and support each other in your goals!
- Browse the rorums to connect with others, make new friends and discuss your goals.
- Create teams and compete to bring your team to the top of the rankings!