Take the Tour:
Watch this 2 minute video to see what Critter is all about:
Get Motivated, Have Fun, Live Happier.
When you join Critter, you'll work in 7 core areas of growth, each backed by proven strategies for living happier:
- Gratitude - Transform your day in an instant by focusing on what's going right in your life. Store up positive feelings that you can lean on later.
- Mood - Check in on your mood. Our 2-dimensional mood recording system is easy to use, yet provides rich data that you can review anytime.
- "I Rock" - Give yourself gold stars! Build self-confidence and positive feelings. Create the habit of appreciating yourself. Create a digital resource to use when you want a mood boost.
- Check-Ins - Make use of check-ins to build new habits, and see progress towards your physical and mental habit goals.
- The Dump - Check unwanted feelings at the door! Dump your "shoulds", "cannots", and anything you're stewing over. Acknowledge the pain, and let it go. Research shows that repeating this practice daily results in greater happiness.
- Daily Questions - Reflect, prioritize, and leverage your own creativity, through answering a new question each day.
- Logbook - This is your personal digital space! Use this blank canvas to journal and problem-solve.
Get Critter Wherever You Are
Critter is a web application, with satellite mobile apps that make it easy to record on-the-go:
Critter.Co is a serious tool that understands the importance of fun! Get your critter. Take easy, lighthearted steps towards your goals. Keep your critter happy, and watch your happiness grow, too!
Features, In Full-Zoom Detail:
Here's the complete rundown of everything you'll get instant access to when you join Critter.Co:
- Record your mood using an easy-to-use, yet data-rich system. We use the affective circumplex model: a 2-dimensional system of arousal (energy) and valence (positivity).
- Further classify your mood using 40 different descriptive adjectives.
- Record a note with each mood. Remember what was going on at that point in time.
- Review your mood over time through easy & highly responsive interactive graphs.
- And this might be our favorite feature: Leverage your own wisdom through customized encouragement. Save your own customized encouragement for different moods. Include loving messages from friends and family, favorite quotes, advice, and reminders. Get that wisdom back when you need it the most!
- Create unlimited custom check-ins for yourself. A check-in is an open-ended button to check in on something that happens at a particular moment in time. Create check-ins for physical habits such as meditating, or mental habits such as deciding to think positively. Get a daily score based on Sebastian Marshall's Daily Tracking Method.
- Record a note each time you check in. This is helpful for recording thought processes, or details about the check-in you just did - for instance, what meditation you did, or what new yoga pose you learned.
- Set up once-per-day check-ins, for check-ins you intend to do once per day. These check-ins get checked off as you do them, giving you a sense of accomplishment for having achieved each goal.
- Review your check-ins through 3 different easy-to-use, responsive, and interactive graphs:
- The Sticker Chart View is ideal for viewing once-per-day goals. View your check-ins on a Kindergarten-style sticker chart that shows which check-ins you've accomplished each day.
- The Timeline View is fantastic for reviewing individual check-ins over time. This is helpful for seeing relationships between check-ins, and seeing the specifics of each one.
- The Time of Day View is excellent for seeing when, in the day, you tend to check in. This can help you understand your patterns - for instance, when you're most productive, most in tune with your emotions, or have the highest willpower.
Creating Good Feelings:
At Critter.Co, we didn't stop with just recording moods: we're actually guiding you towards creating more positive moods. We use proven methods to create good feelings, harness good feelings for a boost later, and help move through more negative moods. Through neuroplasticity, simple exercises like these help you build healthy mental habits for a better mood. Here are the specific features we offer:
- In the Gratitude Section, record what you're grateful for. Seeing the good in life and focusing on what you're grateful for is a proven way to instantly boost your mood.
- Store Up Gratitudes for when you need them later. Each time you record a gratitude, it's saved in your gratitude collection. Return to view your whole collection of gratitudes whenever you're feeling low.
- In The "I Rock" Section, store up self-validation. Build confidence by telling Critter that you rock! Save a note about how you appreciate yourself - whether just because, or for a reason. Record your accomplishments, give yourself gold stars! Through self-appreciation, see what's going
- Dump Negative Feelings in The Dump. Daily dumping is a proven strategy for more daily happiness. Dump your shoulds, cannots, and other negative attachments or feelings. Vent about something that's bothering you. Then watch it disappear. As it disappears on the screen virtually, studies have proven that it disappears a little in your mind, too. Repeat often for best results.
Writing, Planning & Journaling:
- The Daily Questions Section to make you think and creatively plan and problem-solve.
- The Logbook Section gives you your own blank space to write journal entries, and creatively plan and strategize. Store your thoughts, and keep a detailed record of your thoughts every day.
- Review and Update your daily questions and journal entries at any time.
- Get Simple Analysis on your writing. We currently offer a positivity score for your writing, with more analysis to come.
Critter Goes Wherever You Do:
- Get emails that keep you engaged and remind you to log in.
- Download the mobile app for your iOS or Android mobile device. The Critter app is designed for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.
Socialize and Play:
- Get Your Critter! Design and create your very own Critter.
- Level Up by completing quests and feeding your Critter.
- Join the Forums to connect with others, make new friends and discuss your goals.
- Connect With Your Friends Add your friends on Critter to encourage and support each other in your goals!
- Create Teams and compete to bring your team to the top of the rankings!